Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sidhe Vicious's Halloween Contest

Sidhe Vicious is having a contest! I stole the details from Sidhe's blog and here they are:

Here we go my little ghouls and goblins! In honor of All Hallows Eve, I’m having a contest to win one of three awesome books! I’ll tell you which ones, and the contest details will follow.

The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox

Mass Market Paperback: 292 pages
Publisher: Dorchester / Paranormal Rom ( Jul 7 2008 )
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0505527693
ISBN-13: 978-0505527691
Blurb - ”It’s never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that’s just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she’s seen it all, Lizzie learns she’s a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.

Of course, that’s not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you’ve never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn’t work, how dangerous could a little seduction be…?”

Countdown by Michelle Maddox

Mass Market Paperback: 293 pages
Publisher: Dorchester / SHOMI ( Jul 7 2008 )
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0505527553
ISBN-13: 978-0505527554
Blurb -

“THREE
Kira Jordan wakes up in a pitch-black room handcuffed to a metal wall. She has 60 seconds to escape. Thus begins a vicious game where to lose is to die.

TWO
The man she’s been partnered with-her only ally in this nightmare-is a convicted mass murderer. But if he’s so violent, why does he protect her? And stranger still, what is it behind those haunted sea-green eyes that makes her want to protect him?

ONE
No one to trust. Nowhere to run. And the only hope of survival is working together to beat the
COUNTDOWN”

The Wild Road by Marlorie Liu

Mass Market Paperback: 306 pages
Publisher: Dorchester ( Jul 7 2008 )
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0843959398
ISBN-13: 978-0843959390
Blurb - “Lannes Hannelore is one of a dying race born to protect mankind against demonic forces. And while those who look upon him see a beautiful man, this illusion is nothing but a prison. His existence is one of pure isolation, hiding in plain sight, with brief solace found in simple pleasures: stretching his wings on a stormy night, long late drives on empty highways, the deep soul of sad songs.

But when Lannes finds a young woman covered in blood—desperate and alone, with no memory or past—he will be drawn into a mystery that makes him question all he knows. And though it goes against his nature and everything he fears, Lannes will risk his heart, his secrets, and his very soul, in order to save someone who could be the love of his life…or the end of it.”


Sweet no? There is also a little bit of Monster Munny chocolate involved for the winners! The contest will run from the eve of October 31st until Midnight, November 8th. I will post the three winners on Nov. 9th. Unfortunately, I can only afford to ship within Canada and USA, so I will have to only accept entries from readers who live in these two countries. I apologize to my international readers.

Leave a comment telling me what your favorite thing is about Halloween, or a funny story about something that happened on Halloween, a scary story, or something to that effect. Please let me know what your preferences are for all three books and list them in the order of which book you would like the most to the least. The first name I pull will get the one they want, the second person will get the one they like first or second, and so on.

For an extra entry, subscribe to my blog, or if you’re already subscribed, let me know in your comments.

For another extra entry, post or blog about this contest on your blog, facebook, myspace, etc., and leave me the link in your comments.

I will attempt to contact the winners, but if I have no way of contacting you, then it’s the winners’ responsibility to check back and contact me within a week of the names being posted, or my emailing you. If I don’t hear back from a winner, I will pull a new name from the entrants.

Thanks everyone! I wish you all luck and a safe and Happy Halloween! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Alisha said...

Hey Lady Vamp! I don't mean to intrude on your comments here, but just wanted to let you know that you won my Haunted Blog drawing for a download of my latest release, Nocturnally Vexed. Please email me at alishapaigewilson@yahoo.com so I can email your prize!
Congrats!

11/01/2008 9:36 AM  
Blogger darbyscloset said...

One of my favorite Halloween Memories is when I lived in HI. They have there girls that walk around in restaurants and bars selling single rose's. Well I dressed up as one and my flowers were made out of pipe cleaners and colored toliet paper. The biggest surprise is that I sold all of my flowers!
Books:
1. Demon Slayer
2. Wild Road
3. Count Down
I also joined your blog newsletter...or whatever it is called!
Thanks
Darby
darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

11/01/2008 7:07 PM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Alisha: Wooo Hooo! How awesome that I won your book! I'm dying to read it and have already emailed you. Thank you so very much!

11/02/2008 5:53 AM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Darby: I emailed your contest details to Sidhe, plus I emailed you about that fact in case you don't see this comment reply. Good luck!

11/02/2008 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about my contest! I hope you had an awesome Halloween weekend. :)

11/02/2008 6:57 AM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Hello Sidhe Vicious Thanks for stopping by my blog! And its my pleasure to post about your contest. I had a great Halloween here and I really hope you had the same there as well. :)

11/02/2008 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home