Monday, December 15, 2008

Crystal & LV's Christmas Contest


Welcome to Crystal and Lady Vampire’s 1st Christmas Contest!

This will be only my second time hosting my own contest. And I couldn’t think of a better friend to celebrate with then Crystal. She’s a wonderful woman and a kindred spirit. The kind of friend who keeps giving of herself all year long even if she might not see all the gifts she gives to others so freely. And I’m sure you all know exactly what I mean. That you have those precious few friends who mean the world to you and keep you smiling even when your not going through the best of times. And what better time to celebrate that friendship then now during Christmas.
Which brings me to this giveaway. I want to celebrate with all of you also this year so Crystal and I have gotten together to come up with a few prizes. How this works is this contest will run from Monday Dec 15th – Sunday Dec 21st. Monday the 22nd winners will be announced at both Crystal’s and my blog/myspace pages. And what can you win? Here are the prizes:

Crystal's Goodies: PDF's
Bad Boy Cowboy by Carol Lynne
Fantasy Man by Summer Jordan
Hunting Diablo by Ellie Tremayne
Secret Santa by Jamie Hill
Vows of a Vampire by Ann Cory

Lady V's Goodies:
PRINT-"I'm Dreaming of some White Chocolate" by Rhea
PRINT-"The Knight Before Christmas" by Jackie Ivie
PRINT-"If Only in My Dreams" by Wendy Markham

How do you win? Well there are different questions depending on what Blog or MySpace Page you visit. Simply answer the question and get an entry. Please make sure you include your email so you can be contacted if you win. Here’s the question for this blog:

What’s your favorite Christmas memory?

NOW, for extra entries, you can visit my MySpace page at: www.myspace.com/ladyvampireslair. Then head on over to Crystal’s blog at www.bookreviewsbycrystal.blogspot.com. From there you can also visit Crystal’s MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/crystaljo722 . See right there are 4 ways to get your name in the hat! Crystal will pick her winners and I will do the same on Sunday evening and announce the winners the following Monday. EASY EASY EASY! All you have to do is answer the question on the MySpace page or blog and that's it! From Crystal and myself, we wish you a wonderful Holiday and hope you enjoy our first collaborative contest!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Asylumgirl said...

My greatest memory comes at a time when my family was probably the poorest that I can remember. We had moved into a house with four rooms and an outhouse for a bathroom. This was in the early eighties. We had to build a bathroom on part of the back porch, which meant we would have to go out in the cold to get to it. On Christmas Eve night, my Mama was getting my bath water ready. There was a heater in the bathroom and I set my little naked hiney on it to get warm, I was maybe three or four years old. Needless to say my behind got rather toasty and I spent Christmas laying on my tummy with ointment all over my butt. Most would think of that as a bad Christmas, but on Christmas Eve we got to open a present each, my sister was still at home and she is twelve years older than I am. The present that I chose was a stuffed animal that my sister had given to me out of her own collection. I had coveted it for quite a while. I was overjoyed!

Deidre

12/15/2008 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The year I discovered Santa wasn't real! Actually, my sister and I discovered it together and we still laugh about it today.

You see, for Christmas my sister and I had gotten the Barbie Dreamhouse. It was a work of pure art, really. It was two story with a second story that could be changed from bedroom to bathroom with a flip of a cardboard wall. There were stairs and a real fridge with real food in it! Super present. Thanks Santa!

Days later, my sister and I walked into the small storage room my parents used. I don't know why, since there was nothing in there but boxes. To our utter astonishment, right there in the corner was the box for the Barbie Dreamhouse.

It was then that we realized Santa wasn't real. My parents had just bought it from the store and put it together the night on Christmas Eve as we slept.


Valorie
morbidromantic@gmail.com

12/16/2008 11:31 PM  
Blogger Book Maniac said...

I think my favorite Christmas memory is taking a bath and hearing Santa make noise in the living room when he brought our Christmas presents. We always opened our presents on Christmas Eve.

12/17/2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger danie88 said...

my favorite christmas memory is when my sister and I were really little and we were woken up in the middle of the night on christmas eve by "santa and his helpers" (who was actually our dad, mom, and grandma) we wondered out to the hallway to check to see "santa" and noticed it wasn't him... our mom told us that they were setting out the presents from them to us kids before santa got here...

...i still laugh about it to this day...


datwater88(at)hotmail(dot)com

12/17/2008 8:10 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

My favorite Christmas memory was one year while I was still little and believed in Santa that I woke up and went to find my mom but on the way down the hall I saw out of the corner of my eye a man by the Christmas tree wearing the red suit and beard setting out presents. I swore that I saw Santa but no one ever admitted to who was there to this day.

12/18/2008 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love to be enter for the print books
and my fav holiday memory is ,running kids to bed, to kep them from watching santa lol
gypsywitch36@yahoo.com

12/19/2008 2:42 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Favorite Christmas memory? Okay.

It's Christmas Eve. I'm sixteen. I'm alone. My parents, abandon me each October and return in March (they head off to Florida for the winter).

The telephone rings and it's my friend David. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I'm depressed. It's this Christmas thing."

"What Christmas thing? You're Jewish."

"I know...but still."

Growing up, my parents never celebrated Hanuka. Or rather, they did, but they didn't celebrate it as the "Jews" do today, trying to turn it into a Yiddish Christmas. Instead, we lit the candles, we said a prayer or two, and that was it. No gifts.

Every year I'd go see my friends and they would show me what they had received. When they asked what I'd gotten, I replied: "I'm Jewish". As though it was a disease.

David came over and found me holding my stomach. I had food poisoning. We watched a Christmas show (this is before cable, before VCRs, before DVDs).

Deep in misery, I hear the doorbell. David answers it. He's been talking about taking me to the hospital because I'm starting to "look gray".

My girlfriend comes in. She hands me a present. My first Christmas present. Ever. I have nothing for her, it hasn't occured to me to give anyone anything.

"Do you like it?"

My Christmas present looks up at me and wags a tail.

"I got her from the pound. Merry Christmas."

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" asks David.

12/20/2008 12:16 PM  
Blogger Ruth Schaller said...

My favorite memory was when I was younger. My aunt used to make a huge deal about Christmas. So this one Christmas morning - I woke up and I had to wait until everyone was up before we could go downstairs. There were presents everywhere. Ya know how some parents leave things unwrapped to make it look like Santa had been there? Well, she did that. I was one spoiled little brat! But after that, she got sick and then Christmas just wasn't the same anymore. But i love to look at some of pictures that I have from back when I was younger. It was so much fun, which is why I do the same things for my kids!

12/23/2008 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home