Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Story For A Contest

Well, Tara from the post after the post below is happy. I got done with her story a whole month before it was due for the contest. I am pleased with it, having followed the guidelines to the letter. It's now my second story I have submitted in for a prize. The contest was supposted to have taken place but I am waiting to see what goes on. The contest is actually on a Yahoo Group. They posted elements you must have in the story like...a ghost floating over a grave or a child giggling...and you had to incorporate this into the story. The people told everyone to email the entries in to this lady on October 20th, which I did. And they were suppost to give each entry a number and post them without author names allowing people to vote. So far I sent the story in and have heard nothing. I am getting nervous.
To tell the truth, this Yahoo Group had 8 different elements in a file they sent me when I joined their group in June. 8 elements for the Halloween story contest. I thought it was early for the contest but supposed that people needed the time to write. I went ahead and wrote up what I consider one of my favorite stories I have written so far on that first guide line file. When I asked questions in an email to this group manager after I finished my story...I got no reply. It was a big surprise to see new guidelines posted a month and a half later. I guess the file they sent me were the old guidelines but it really did upset me more that this lady I emailed, couldn't even take the time to email me back. Well, I am a forgiving person and dont like holding grudges so I let it go and wrote Tara's story. Now there's no word from this lady once again in email or in her Yahoo Group. I definitely understand about having a hectic and busy life but would it kill her to post in the group or email everyone to let them know what's going on? *Sighs* Anyhow, I am going to keep watch for another week and a half and then post aloud in the group asking about the contest. If this lady has no intention of using my story, I am taking it elsewhere and will leave the group. Cross your fingers that everything will turn out, would you please?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/02/2005 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey April,

Hang in there, I'm sure she'll get around to announcing the winner soon and congrats on subbing your second story! Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. THe 'anonymous' guy selling tires over there cracks me up. What a creep. I want to find his blog and post ten million things trying ot selling him teletubbies or something, lol.

See you around the net!

Stacey Iglesias (w/a Anna Evans)

-who promises to announce the winner of my Fang contest promptly on the 15th of November, lol.

11/11/2005 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/23/2005 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/25/2005 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/27/2005 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/03/2005 12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/04/2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger Nicholas Roussos said...

FYI, did you know that you can delete those SPAM comments?

Just login as if you were going to post and without logging out visit the page with the comments. You should now see a trash can under the comment. Click it and on the next page, check the permanently remove this comment box. Then, click on the Remove button.

That's it! These guys are just trying to take advantage if you (it supposedly helps their spammy site to get higher in search engines like Google). Plus, I think not deleting them seems to encourage them to post more.

You can also asctivate Word Verification (CAPTCHA) in your blogger Settings -> Comments section. That helps to prevent future spam.

2/16/2006 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home