Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Book To Share!


Soul Song is the newest book out by Marjorie M Liu. And personally I love it. It's definitely on my list of all time favorite books! She captivates me time and again with each new story she writes.
From book one, Tiger Eye, I have been enchanted with the way Marjorie Liu writes. She takes the time to really paint a picture with the scenes and enchant one and all with every character. It’s really a marvel to me how she does it but it’s a gift. A gift both in her and to us, because for me it is like Christmas every time I open one of her books.
Being lucky enough to start this series from the first book I have come to enjoy Dirk & Steele along with everyone who works there. A company steeped in secrecy over the talented and magical individuals that form the ranks of this organization. In Soul Song, we meet Kitala Bell, world renowned violinist, keeper of her own secret talent, and sadly out of the loop where Dirk & Steele is concerned. She has friends who work there but they never talk about the other side of their job. And Kit’s raw new power is just beginning to bud when she is suddenly involved in a bad situation.
M’cal is a force to be reckoned with. Part human, part merman, he is thrown into the mix when he is sent to kill Kitala. But Kit’s music calls to him and touches a part of him that has been dormant for so long. He resists killing her but Kitala is still not safe. Everyone seems to want her dead and her only hope lies in befriending M’cal the very man who nearly took her life to begin with.
Their story really touched me. I cheered for this couple and really cursed the villains who got in the way of their happiness. And there were so obstacles to that happiness in this book! It seemed the action never stopped or slowed down and I mean that as the greatest compliment. This book was a major page turner for me and I blame Marjorie Liu for a sleepless night of obsessive reading. Of course it’s a good blame. I don’t forgo sleep to read anything but the best! I am on pins and needles to see what new magic this author will spin in her next book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home